L MS launches the Quality Management System Project
The Quality Management System (QMS) was launched on the 14th December 2018.
It also meant that all the following QMS processes have been fully developed and are now driving the operations of the Lesotho Meteorological Services.
• Observation process,
• Airport forecasting process,
• Human resource process,
• Control of externally provided products and services process,
• Monitoring and measuring process,
• Data and archiving process,
• Information and communication process,
• Risk management process,
• Leadership process, documented information process,
• Non-comformity process,
• Internal Audit process and
• Customer Related process
The QMS Quality Policy and Quality Objectives have also been developed and approved.
The aim of QMS is to adhere to international obligations and standards of World Meteorological Services (WMO) and ICAO, and to also seek ISO 9001:2015 Certification.